Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Watermelon Dress

When it comes to sewing I am an amateur.  I got a sewing machine last year for Mother's Day after we found out we had a little girl on the way.  Kent thought I should learn to sew her cute little things instead of blowing half his salary on them.  So, I got the sewing machine and since I had never sewn a thing in my life (except a few things by hand) proceeded to teach myself how to sew.  I'm not gonna lie there have been a few disasters and I don't get to practice near as much as I would like to.  I'm terrible at reading patterns and most of the time need Kent to help me translate and understand them.  I made a list of projects that I would like to complete and am finally getting around to them.  One of the first things on the list was to make Masyn some cute little summer outfits.  I went to JoAnn and got a few patterns when they were on sale.  I found some cute Watermelon fabric at Wal-Mart (they are bringing back their fabric on bolts by the way) and I used Simplicity 9784 to make her this cute little dress.  Like I said I'm not a seamstress by any means and there are a few mistakes, but I think it out pretty cute.

 Such a pretty girl!


 I decided to make some buttons with same fabric.


 Loves her new dress!


 Had to get a shot of the bloomers.  This was my first attempt at bloomers and I think I did okay.


This is the pattern I used.  I thought it was very easy to follow, which is saying something, and I would definately recommend it to a beginner that's looking for something cute and simple to make.  

No comments:

Post a Comment