Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Fun

Since Brayden is in Kindergarten now we get to participate in lots of fun activities that the school puts on.  They held a Kindergarten Karnival for all the kindergartners and their families.  It was a chance to get to know the teachers a little better and meet some of Brayden's new little friends.  Here are some pictures.

Brayden's best friend Santiago. 
They had an Angry Birds game.  He played this one at least 15 times.


Fishing game and guess what he caught?

Candy!


Masyn had fun too.

Love these two!






Saturday Brayden had a soccer game.  I realized I haven't posted any pictures of this soccer season yet!  What?!  This is his 5th soccer season!  So crazy.  Of course I'm counting fall and spring separately otherwise this is his 3rd year of soccer.  He's one of the 6 original Scorpions.  

Corner Kick!  Making a wall!

Scorpions - we were missing a few.

The weekend continued with the Aubrey Peanut Festival.  We decided a few weeks back that we don't do enough random fun things so off we went we the Wetzel Family (minus Richard).

Loaded up for a day of fun!
So we made the drive out to Aubrey which seems so much further away than it used to.  Still can't believe we used to live all the way out there!  We found a lovely parking spot in some man's front yard.    Okay, not really a "yard", but there was a guy living next to the railroad tracks under the metal frame of some building.  And we thought, "Hey this looks like a great place to park!"  Nice.  I will say that Leigh did feel we needed to find a closer spot but there were lots of people parked here so we did.  Once inside we walked around the booths for a while.

Brayden NEEDS this for his lemonade stand next year!  Oh, Grandpa!

Friends.
It was pretty small, but fun to go do with the kids.  However, we didn't stay long because they were all cold and hungry and we were not paying their prices for food!  Although, I refused to leave without buying some peanuts.  Come on it was the PEANUT Festival!  I won't say how much that little bag of candied nuts was but everyone did enjoy them!  My only disappointment was that there was a giant peanut walking around that I so wanted to get my picture with, and I didn't get a chance.  Bummer.  But I did score this super cute burlap flower headband for Masyn from Apron Strings!  She wore it in her portraits yesterday (I'll post those as soon as I get them!)

Happy Girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment