Friday, September 21, 2012

Masyn's Two!

Okay, I'm a big slacker and I'm actually going to make this a catch-up post for the whole month until this point.  But the title is correct...the big news this month...Masyn turned two!  Our baby is getting sooo big!

Anyway, fall is in full swing at our house.  Kent's been back to work since the beginning of August.  Brayden's settling in to his new schedule as a kindergartner.  Masyn is also attending a Mother's Day Out one day a week.  It's the same one Brayden went to toddler class-PreK.  She has Ms. Mary this year.  So Ms. Mary has officially had all the Johnson grandkids in her class.  In fact, she's had one every year except one between McKenna and Jessa!

Here she is below on her first day.  We tried to get the cute picture under the preschool sign out front like we have of Brayden each year, but she just was not having it!

I felt like a bad mom because I didn't make her a special first day of school shirt like I did for Brayden.  Oh well.  I did make her skirt though...cute, right?   She did great her first day and she especially feels like a big girl with her very own backpack.  She also wears her backpack when we drop Brayden off at school and pick him up.

This last weekend we went to the park to celebrate her birthday.  I love that her birthday is in September and you can pretty much guarantee that we can have it outdoors.  Instead of an official birthday party we just had a play date which was perfect.  Here are some pictures from her play date.

The Brother/Sister Shot

This picture is just too cute of her and her cousin Jessa...or as Masyn would say, Jesha.

Nope, didn't make her cake either....poor second child!  

But it's yummy anyway!

Brayden, Masyn, and Jessa.

Nana with McKenna and Anna. 
Tried to get one of Katie's cute little cupcake-y face but she just wanted to say "Hi".

A pic of all the kids!  Just a note Brayden would love for more boys to come to these things....seriously outnumbered!  

All tired out.

Had to throw this one in of Jessa feeding Masyn her dinner later at our house!

The next day we went back to the same park for Family Fun Day for our church. Not a huge turn out because it was pouring down rain.  But we didn't let that stop us!  We donned our umbrellas and rainboots and headed out.  Plus the park has a building with a large porch and rocking chairs for the adults to hang out...dry.

Apparently ready for hunting season.  What can I say?  He dresses himself.  I'm also working on a post about that.  Been collecting pictures so be on the lookout for that with pen and paper hand to take some notes!

Rain didn't matter since they were going to get wet anyway!

Love this.

Yep, he pretty much did this the whole time.

This one of McKenna is probably my favorite from the day.


Soaked and loving every minute of it.

And they left little butt prints.
 So that was the weekend.  It was a nice little break.  Like I said, fall is in full swing.  Kent's back to work so we rarely see him.  Brayden has school and soccer.  Masyn has her class one day a week.  And as for me I am managing it all while trying to balance their schedules, the house (which seems to fall consistently into last place), my contract work (it's football season, baby!), and sewing my little fingers off (can't complain about that...my orders doubled last month what I had sold for an entire year! Crazy but blessed!)

With keeping such a busy schedule it's easy to get caught up in it and sometimes I need a little reminder to slow down and enjoy these special times we have together and enjoy the little things.  We were coming out of Kirk and Suzie's Sunday night and was hit with one such reminder.  I looked up to see the most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen.  You could literally see the entire rainbow.  I had never seen that before and it completely stopped me in my tracks.  We tried and tried to get it in a picture in it's entirety but it just wouldn't fit.  Anyway, I just had to share these pictures of it.
It even has the little clouds at the bottom!





No comments:

Post a Comment