Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Masyn! Party #1

This last weekend we had a little get together at the house to celebrate Masyn's first birthday.  I call this post Party #1 because this coming weekend the kids and I are going to go up to Oklahoma to have some cake and ice cream for her with the fam up there.

I know I told everyone that we were just having cake and ice cream and it wasn't really a "party" just a get together, but I still need to do a little more advanced planning for these "get togethers".  I was running around like a mad woman.  I told Kent that when his parents got here they must have seriously thought I was on something.  I thought I would have more time during the week to put things together, but of course that's usually when you have a million things come up.  However, everything worked out just fine if you ask me.  The kids were running around everywhere, adults just hung out, I was spaced out dead on my feet, Kent was passed out on the couch, and there was a present free for all.  Perfect.  Just my kind of party!  Here are some highlights.
The Birthday Girl in the outfit I made her.  The cupcake took forever, but turned out very cute.

Somehow it turned into a tutu party.  We tried to get a cute picture of all the Johnson Girls and this is what we go...McKenna is back there somewhere!

BALLOONS!!

The cake.  I'll share my adventures in making this cake on a different post.  No I did not use the cupcake pan.

She's a pretty neat eater.

The family.

Still trying to decide if I should be offended that she preferred to eat the plate instead of the cake I made.

Okay, now she loves it!

Little messy.

All done...headed to the bath.

Checking out her new alligator push toy.

Had to try on her gift from Nana and Granddad.  TOUCHDOWN!

Worn out....

...and not the only one.












No comments:

Post a Comment